Things that you should know about me (in totally random order):
1. I drink a lot of coffee. Like...a lot. I've cut back before, and have even given it up, but then I realized that coffee is like my own personal brand of heroin. (that's a cheesy Twilight reference, Mom)
2. I have two amazing kids who are too old to be called kids, but I dislike the term "young adults," so kids (or Bigs) it is. It regularly takes my breath away that they have become such awesome people. I also have the pleasure & privilege of co-parenting two amazing Littles. They give the best kiss attacks.
3. I've blogged since May 2005, which is officially referred to as a really long time.
4. This blog used to be called Being 30something, but then it became Figuring Out 40 because, y'know, aging.
5. I over use the ellipses, and often use italics to highlight sarcasm and/or really deep thoughts. Sometimes, there isn't a difference.
6. I currently call Vermont home, but I also use that word to describe California & Oklahoma. I lived in Iowa very briefly, so it doesn't register as home. I've moved a lot, and no...my parents aren't military.
7. I have two three (2017 update) tattoos, but a pinterest board full of the tattoos that I'm planning to get.
8. I am, or have been, a writer, photographer, social media consultant, and professional scrapbooker.
9. My real job is in business development for a cosmetics manufacturer. I am not a chemist.
10. I eat a lot of kale (fun fact - the picture at the top of this post is a kale flower). I gave up meat years ago, and firmly believe in eating real food. I enjoy cooking and baking...and I'm pretty good at both.
11. I love the ocean. Like really, really love the ocean.
12. I've been practicing meditation for a few years. And I do mean practicing. If I can find even a few moments of clarity & breath, I call that a success. I also call monkey mind a success b/c at least I tried.
13. It seems appropriate to use #13 to note that I've been divorced twice. Feel free to judge, b/c frankly? I've judged myself more harshly than any of y'all could.
14. I am engaged to an amazing guy named Dan. He brought light, laughter, and love into my life in September 2014. We are creating a pretty amazing life, including getting hitched in Hawaii in May 2017.
15. I think that (early) Grey's Anatomy and Scandal are brilliantly written tv shows. I sometimes binge-watch entire seasons on a Friday night, with a bottle of wine, loaf of bread, and great cheese. Yes, that's as pathetic as it sounds.
16. I have really curly hair that looks all Felicity in my head, and then I see pictures of myself and realize that it really just looks like a hot mess.
17. I firmly believe that the internet is the greatest thing ever invented, but props to electricity and computers for playing important roles in that.
18. I believe in magic, miracles, kindness, gratitude, perseverance, abundance, and creativity.
19. I also believe in gin. And red wine.
20. I am so thankful that you're here. Seriously.