Thoughts from Day 18 of Whole 30®...
- Even though I was eating fairly clean before...the strict rules of this program are no joke. Sneaky sugar is EVERYWHERE. Why in the world does dried fruit needed added sugar??
- Commercially available salmon jerky is hard to find. Trader Joe's jerky has brown sugar, and Epic Bars are way too peppery.
- NSVs (non-scale victories)...I'm sleeping better, I bought size 0 jeans, and I haven't killed anyone yet.
- I miss wine.
- A lot of the social media around Whole 30® bugs the crap out of me. I cringe when I read "dump ranch"- which is a Paleo version of ranch dressing. I also cringe when people cheer over how much "dump ranch" they are using. Gross.
- I eliminated eggs, almonds, and radishes about a week ago, after receiving some food intolerance test results. As a pescetarian, doing Whole 30® without eggs feels extra challenging.
- I've survived 3 dinners out (called ahead to discuss specific restrictions), and will be taking Whole 30® on the road at the end of the weekend.
- I'm starting to think about post-Whole 30® plans, and leaning toward a Paleo-at-home mindset.
Happy weekend, y'all!