As January winds down, I'm closing the books on my first month of 41...and to be honest? I've felt old this month. I've put on a little weight (I like to call this my winter weight - but really it's my where is the gym again? weight). The reflection I see in the mirror seems a little frumpier (is that a word?), a little more haggard, a little less pulled together. Time to practice a little self-kindness & pay attention to me! Perfect timing to answer these questions from my friends over at BlogHer...
What are your beauty resolutions this year? How do you plan to shake up and streamline your routine? What are the good habits you are committing to developing?
I'm going back to basics, really - although I work in the beauty industry, I'm a pretty minimalistic girl when it comes to all things beauty-related. Here's my simple plan -
1. Get Clean - I washed my makeup brushes last weekend and threw out a few old/expired products. I'm also committed to getting into the habit of washing my face each & every night. Simple, yes - but I'm terrible at it! I think the key for me is actually going to be washing my face when I get home. When I wait until bedtime, I'm so tired that I just want to drop into bed.
2. Get Glowing - I started dry brushing last year after reading Crazy Sexy Diet. I loved it, but fell out of the practice. It really makes a difference, particulary for winter skin. I'm a fan of using coconut oil instead of lotion (I know, how anti-product of me!).
3. Get Green - green smoothies & green juice make a WORLD of difference in your skin. I've never stopped drinking them, but I need to be a bit more disciplined with drinking them regularly.
4. Get Help - (I couldn't think of something clever to call this) I scheduled my first ever facial for next weekend. Yeah, I'm 41 and have never had a professional facial treatment. Checking that off my list!
5. Get Sleep - really trying to get more sleep - cures a multitude of ills!
Please visit the Life Well Lived Sweepstakes starting on January 26th and enter for a chance to win a Kindle Fire and a $50 Amazon Gift Card.