Oh, how I love a list! My friend Lee posted a fabulous list of 50 questions & answers on her blog. In the same web-surfing session, I stumbled on a video of Reese Witherspoon answering Vogue's 73 questions. Although I like a challenge, 50 seems sufficient...
01. Who was the last person you held hands with?
02. Are you loud, outgoing or shy?
I would say more outgoing than loud or shy...but in an introverted way.
03. Who are you looking forward to seeing?
I'll be in LA this week...I'm looking forward to seeing my Aunt Betty and one of my besties, Maurine!
04. Are you easy to get along with?
I think so...but you should probably ask someone else.
05. Have you ever given up on someone, but then gone back to him or her?
Yep...fairly often. My friends (and to be honest, a therapist or two) have told me that I have a hard time letting go of people. They're not wrong.
06. If you were drunk would the person you like take care of you?
History says yes. (thanks babe)
07. Do you think you’ll be in a relationship two months from now?
Yes...in fact, we'll be celebrating our one year anniversary two months from today!
08. Who from the opposite gender is on your mind?
Dan...b/c he just texted me a pic of his bandaged leg/toe...flip flop injury at the Neil Young concert.
09. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable.
10. Who was the last person you had a deep conversation with?
Starts with D, rhymes with van...
11. What does your most recent text say?
"Skinned my knee, took a little chunk out of my toe and small cut on the side. My pride hurts worse. And I dumped half my kettle corn...(sad face & panda emojis)"
12. How do you feel about abortion?
I am pro-choice.
13. Do you like big crowds of people?
Yes, which might seem strange for an introvert. I enjoy the anonymity & the energy.
14. Do you believe in luck and miracles?
15. What good thing happened this summer?
Lots of good things! I've seen my core desired feelings manifest in big & little ways.
16. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
Uhm, I plan on it.
17. Do you think there is life on other planets?
Yes. I don't necessarily believe that said life looks like little green aliens...but I do think that it exists.
18. Do you still talk to your first crush?
No...but I think we're friends on FB.
19. Do you like bubble baths?
Hmmm. Sort of. I like the idea of them...but they often turn out to be more trouble than they're worth.
20. Do you like your neighbours?
Tricky question. I live in an apartment building. I don't really know my neighbors. There are a few people that I see regularly in the lobby or the elevator, and they're always kind.
21. What are your bad habits?
I apologize too often. I overthink. I forget to pay bills. I ignore my to-do list when it's not very interesting.
22. Where would you like to travel?
British Columbia. Austin, TX. Portland, OR. Hawaii. Ireland. Bali. Italy. Machu Picchu. And many, many more...
23. Do you have trust issues?
24. Favourite part of your daily routine?
Taking the time to sit for at least one cup of coffee in the morning. Sometimes I meditate. Sometimes I read. Sometimes I just chat with Dan or Austin.
25. What body part are you most uncomfortable with?
My thighs. "Thick" would be an apt description.
26. What do you do when you wake up?
Think about coffee. Whine that I need coffee. Make coffee (or beg Dan to make coffee). Impatiently wait for coffee. DRINK THE COFFEE.
27. Do you wish your skin was lighter or darker.
Maybe a smidgen darker. Especially in the winter, when I'm Casper-like.
28. Who are you most comfortable around?
My kids. My friends. Dan.
29. Have any of your ex’s told you they regret breaking up?
Not that I recall. As a side note, I am still friends with many of them.
30. Do you ever want to get married?
For a third time? No thanks. That decision doesn't preclude a long-term relationship...
31. Is your hair long enough for a ponytail?
32. Which celebrities would you like to have a threesome with?
Bradley Cooper and...I'll let him pick.
33. Spell your name with your chin.
34. Do you play sports?
Nope. I played basketball in the fourth or fifth grade. I was on the gymnastics team during my freshman year of high school. That is the extent of my experience actually playing sports.
35. Would you rather live without TV or music.
TV. Although that would mean living w/o Shonda Rhymes, so I might need to change my answer.
36. Have you ever liked someone and never told them?
I'm sure that I have, although I can't think of an example right now.
37. What do you say during awkward silences?
"Well, this is awkward..."
38. Do you think age matters in relationships?
I think that "age is just a number" is true in most cases.
39. What are your favourite stores to shop in?
I actually don't like to shop, but I'll wander through stationary boutiques & bookstores.
40. What did you want to do after high school?
At one point I wanted to be a TV news broadcaster. Then I wanted to be a lawyer.
41. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
I believe that we can all begin again, but that it's a choice that we make for ourselves. No one owes us a second chance.
42. If you’re being extremely quiet, what does it mean?
That I'm thinking...or in need of coffee. Or both.
43. Do you smile at strangers?
44. Trip to outer space or bottom of the ocean?
45. Do you want a roommate?
46. What are you paranoid about?
Bodies of water that I can't see the bottom of. Parallel parking.
47. What was the meanest thing someone ever said to you?
“You have zero business sense. You just yell & cry to get your way." (all untrue)
48. What was the nicest?
“You are amazing.”
49. Have you done something recently you hope no one finds out about?
No. (and I have no idea who ate the last of the peanut butter custard. Ahem.)
50. What language do you want to learn?